RAE Systems Introduces First Wireless, 4-Gas Pumped and Diffusion Monitor For Real-time Industrial, Oil & Gas and Emergency Response Gas Detection QRAE 3’s advanced wireless functionality delivers hazard data 24/7/365 to increase worker, asset, and responder safety San Jose, Calif. – February 10, 2014 – RAE Systems Inc., the leader in wirelessly connected gas and radiation detection solutions, today introduced the industry’s first wireless, portable, 4-gas pumped and diffusion gas monitor that will significantly enhance worker safety in industrial environments and better protect first responders. RAE Systems’ new QRAE 3 is a versatile, rugged, one- to four-sensor gas monitor that provides continuous exposure monitoring of oxygen (O2), combustibles, and toxic gases, including hydrogen sulfide (H2S), carbon monoxide (CO), sulfur dioxide (SO2) and hydrogen cyanide (HCN).QRAE 3 The QRAE 3 is certified for use in hazardous environments, and is designed for use across a broad array of industries where exposure to toxic gas is a constant safety threat. These industries include a broad range of industrial, oil and gas, environmental, first responder and national defense applications. When a situation arises, safety officers must make critical, split- second decisions about how and where to deploy resources. They need access to real-time threat data, which QRAE 3 can provide, to help make faster, more informed decisions to protect lives and property. The QRAE 3’s wireless communication capability enables access to real-time, remote instrument readings and alarm status – including an innovative “Man-Down” alarm – from any location, for better visibility and faster response. Real-time hazard readings can also be communicated to the ProRAE Guardian Safety System and the EchoView Host Closed-Loop Wireless System for safety-enhancing wireless monitoring outside the hot zone, from a plant safety office or from a remote, enterprise location. This can help facilitate faster, data-driven decision making to alert responders, save lives and protect assets. “RAE Systems has been the industry leader in advancing wireless gas detection technologies that help save lives and assets for more than a decade,” said Thomas Negre, vice president of Products and Marketing for RAE Systems. “With the addition of the QRAE 3, RAE Systems now offers the most extensive line of area, survey and portable wireless gas detectors making affordable, cutting edge toxic gas detection solutions available to more customers across a broader range of applications. Our wireless monitors include single-gas, 4-gas, multi-gas with gamma (radiation detector), transportable multi-gas with gamma and semi-fixed with gamma for enhanced organizational safety.” “The toxic vapors present in fire smoke, particularly hydrogen cyanide and carbon monoxide, the “Toxic Twins,” are increasingly recognized as the most dangerous and deadly part of any fireground operation. As such, it is essential for incident commanders to have access to critical, real-time threat data to help protect personnel from dangerous exposure levels,” said Jason Krusen, Chief of Special Operations at Columbia, SC, Fire Department and President of the FireSmoke Coalition. “With the QRAE 3, emergency responders now have wireless access to Toxic Twin gas information, which can help protect their long-term health and safety.” QRAE 3 Breakthrough
Technology The QRAE 3 offers breakthrough gas detection features and capabilities, including:
- Advanced wireless functionality – First and only solution that is rapidly deployable in both closed-loop and global, 24/7 Internet-based systems.
- Enhanced organizational safety and compliance – Organizations can leverage policy enforcement features (RAE Systems AutoRAE 2 bump and calibration stations) to ensure users follow calibration and bump test procedures and that their instruments are working properly. The QRAE 3’s AutoRAE 2 Cradle will be available during the first calendar quarter of 2014.
- Protection Against the “Toxic Twins” – The QRAE 3 is the only gas monitor that provides a wireless fire smoke configuration to detect for the “Toxic Twins” (CO and HCN).
- Advanced User Interface – The QRAE 3 features large graphical display, icon-driven user interface through intuitive, two-button operation. The QRAE 3 also includes a “Man Down” alarm and automatic flip screen. All ToxiRAE Pro, MultiRAE and QRAE 3 monitors now feature a similar menu, navigation and icons.
- Available in Multiple, User-configurable Monitors – All configurations are available pumped or diffusion, and wireless or non-wireless, and with various sensor configurations. The QRAE 3 includes a three-year warranty on standard sensors.
- Compatible with RAE Systems wireless safety systems – QRAE 3 real-time threat data can be monitored on mobile devices via the ProRAE Guardian Wireless Safety System, 24/7, through a secure Internet connection, or via the EchoView Host Closed-Loop Wireless System. Availability The RAE Systems QRAE 3 will be available in North America in February 2014. The QRAE 3 will be available with ATEX, CSA, IECEx certification worldwide beginning in March 2014.